5. Shape and Weight: Round to oblate fruits with rare shallow ribs near the stem end. Salad type. Weight: 5.3-9 oz. (150-250 g).
6. Color: As time passes, dark green shoulders turn dark brown at the mature-green stage. The main background is purple and dark red. The flesh is red and brown in a cut with greenish seed cavities.
3. Plant Specifications: Mid-season. A good choice for growing outdoors and in a greenhouse. Determinate dwarf bush, growing up to 3.3 feet (100 cm) tall. Large and slightly rugose regular leaf. Regular truss, 4-5 fruits per truss.
2. History: It is not related to the Dwarf Tomato Project though there is such a word as ‘Dwarf’ in its name. This beautiful variety was developed by outstanding tomato breeder Dean Slater (USA) as a cross between Big Cheef and Gandolf line. It is a recent variety so it may still be segregating a little in some cases. Our plants demonstrated their original characteristics without any changes.
7. Flavor Profile: Sweet and slightly tart, well-balanced, with a bright spicy flavor. The fruits are meaty, and the flesh is buttery.
4. Training Instructions: No pruning is required. It is recommended just to tie the longest stems and to remove the bottom leaves as they grow so that the bush could get a good airflow and could not become too branchy.
8. Culinary Use: Perfect for fresh salads, slicing, side dishes, thick tomato juice and full-flavored ketchup.
Dense beefsteak flesh with a smooth texture. Rich smoky flavor.
Epidermis uniform purple
Dwarf Purple Reign
Developed by Dean Slater (USA), resulting from the cross of “Big Cheef” and a line of “Gandolf”.
Regular foliage, indeterminate. Mid-season production.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
Dwarfplant, ‘tree type’ with compact structure not exceeding 1,2 m / 4ft.