Posted on

weed grow up house

If you wish to report a marijuana grow houses in your neighbourhood, contact the Toronto Police Service. If you want to inquiry if a particular address was ever investigated as a grow up complete the Freedom of Information form and submit it along with the application fees to Toronto Police Service.

As a result of the City’s COVID-19 response, some in-person services have been suspended in City buildings and divisional phone line hours may be different from what is indicated. If you experience any difficulties contacting a division, please contact 311.

A Property Information Report will only give you a snapshot of OPEN files, orders or permits on any specific address, it does not specify if these open files are due to the property being a marijuana grow house.

Marijuana grow houses – finding out if a house was used as a grow house

Property Information (Compliance) Reports
Property Information Reports do not provide you with information that will tell you if a property was ever a grow house.

Additional information is also available at the RECO website.

Orders from the past that are now closed/resolved will not be captured on a Property Information Report.

Toronto Police investigation into grow houses
Once Toronto Police has completed an investigation into a grow house property, details will be forwarded to the City of Toronto. If any action is required by the property owner, or superintendent or landlord, the Toronto Building division will contact you, there is no need to contact the City.

Suburban house that is actually a concealed indoor marijuana plantation. Grow-ops are usually loaded with high intensity lights for the crop, and often have illegally bypassed electrical meters, both to reduce costs and to prevent their detection by electrical consumption. They are often detected because of their heat — either via infra-red thermography, or in colder climates, because snow melts on the roof faster than on other houses in the neighborhood. Some larger scale grow ops are installed in larger industrial buildings, rather than in residential areas.